Founded in 2007 in Avon, Connecticut, WardComm Public Relations custom designs needs-focused, goal-oriented public relations projects and campaigns that deliver strong results. From generating awareness for clients’ products and services, to educating the public about overall brand and corporate or organizational identities, WardComm makes a habit of creatively and effectively communicating clients’ most vital messages to target audiences on multiple levels.
WardComm PR is seeking a Fall 2014 (September-December) public relations intern. Resumes and writing samples from college juniors and seniors majoring in communications, journalism, marketing, or English are welcome. Solid verbal and written communications skills are mandatory. Candidates must be available to work 10-12 hours per week between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (occasional weekend events are possible) as well as travel throughout Connecticut for shadowing opportunities (e.g., client meetings, media interviews, events, etc.). Most work can be done remotely.
- Writing press releases
- Media and industry news/trend monitoring
- Project research
- Blog/social media content development
- College junior or senior attending a four-year college/university and pursuing a degree in communications, journalism, marketing, English, or another related field
- Strong writing skills
- Solid understanding of social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest
- Experience with HootSuite, WordPress, and Skype
This is an unpaid internship. However, any required travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Any interested student should email his/her resume and two to three writing samples to Laura Ward (email@example.com) no later than Friday, August 29, 2014. No calls, please.