SHE RECOVERS TO BRING CYBER-SOBER MOVEMENT
TO REAL LIFE IN MANHATTAN
WHO: An online village embracing and advocating for women struggling with addiction, She Recovers includes more than a quarter million women, most of whom know one another only through recovery blogs and private Facebook groups. More than 500 of them – women who have united in the cyber-sober space and encouraged and supported one another for years from behind computer and device screens – will finally meet in real life at She Recovers in NYC.
Sold out more than three months in advance, She Recovers in NYC (#SheRecoversNYC) will bring the cyber-sober movement to life as women from across North America (and beyond) gather to connect, engage, learn, and share about the multiple pathways of recovery and wellness. Keynote addresses will be given by:
- Elizabeth Vargas (ABC News journalist, 20/20 anchor, and author),
- Marianne Williamson (#1 New York Times bestselling author and spiritual teacher, speaker),
- Gabrielle Bernstein (#1 New York Times bestselling author and speaker), and
- Glennon Doyle Melton (#1 New York Times bestselling author, activist, and speaker).
WHAT: She Recovers began in 2011 as a Facebook page that advocated for the adoption of many and multiple pathways of recovery for those struggling with addiction. The message resonated; today She Recovers is the largest female online recovery community in North America, with a loyal and engaged following of over 260,000 people, mostly women, recovering primarily from drug and alcohol, food, work, and gambling addictions.
Building out from a mission statement that includes the mantras “we are all recovering from something” and “we’re stronger together,” She Recovers in NYC will continue to ignite and inspire the growing movement of women choosing to live clean and sober as they recover their lives and their potential.
WHEN: Friday, May 5-Sunday, May 7, 2017 (schedule in press kit)
WHERE: Conrad New York, 102 North End Avenue, New York, NY 10282
PHOTO | INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES
- Meet and talk with She Recovers co-founders (mother and daughter) Dawn Nickel and Taryn Strong about the cyber-sober movement – what it is, and how it is making a difference in so many lives.
- Listen to and interview keynote and other speakers about their addictions and recoveries.
- See women united in the cyber-sober space and meeting in person for the first time – speak with them about how and why they have helped one another; ask them what it feels like to come together in real life.
Laura Ward | WardComm Public Relations
860.573.4809 (call or text prior to arrival at event) | firstname.lastname@example.org